In my many years of healthcare recruiting have been asked, “Why should I work with a staffing agency?”
Are there hidden benefits that you have not thought about regarding the benefits of working with a staffing agency? Have you ever critically analyzed the financial benefits amongst other merits of working with a reputable staffing agency?
I’d like to review five important reasons why you should consider a career as an Agency Healthcare Professional with R&R Medical Staffing.
1. Generous Pay Before pursuing any opportunity, we all ask ourselves what is in it for me? Yes, life is not always about the money. Healthcare is a calling, and therefore not for everybody. Caring is the core of nursing as a profession thus it comes first. However, it is a challenge for healthcare workers to take care of others if we are unable to first and foremost fulfill our individual and family needs. We need to take care of ourselves just as we love and take care of others.
Therefore, looking for better-paying opportunities should be an utmost priority for each Healthcare Professional regardless of their specialty (Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses or Certified Nursing Assistants). Working with, and for a healthcare staffing agency provides the opportunities to earn a better income, better themselves and their families and therefore, be in a better position to be able to take care of their patients as compare to their permanent or full-time counterparts.
2. Flexibility/ Self Scheduling/Open Scheduling Another great benefit of working with a medical or healthcare staffing agency is flexibility in your schedule. You can decide to work as much as you can for a period, then take a prolonged time off with your family as needed. Working with a staffing agency will allow you to plan, and manage your time effectively, without the requirement for a fixed work schedule, including no mandated holidays or weekends! Do you value the independence and flexibility of scheduling your own time? R&R Medical allows you the luxury to be creative in your work schedules. The opportunity to plan and schedule yourself is uncommon in the healthcare industry!
3. Varied Experiences We can and do provide staffing services for various healthcare facilities in different specialties such as Acute Care Hospitals, Rehabilitation Facilities, Acute Rehab Hospitals, Pediatric Care Units, Long Term Care Facilities, Assisted Living/ personal Care Homes among others.
With these various, multifaceted specialties, nurses can take advantage of these opportunities to practice in any of these specialties. The availability and exposure to different types of opportunities can, in fact, be utilized as a strategy for entrance into a new area of nursing with little to no prior experiences.
4. Prevent or Reduce Burnout Working in different diverse facility environment and specialties; in addition to job flexibility and self-scheduling capabilities, you can avoid burnout associated with monotony and repetitions. New opportunities offer challenging nursing assignments necessitating career expansion, advancement, and growth.
5. Opportunities for Networking The capability of agency to provide multiple avenues for employment creates unending opportunities for professional networking, opening further opportunities for you as the healthcare practitioner. If you believe in the power of networking, working for R&R will widen your networking arena hence greater expanded opportunities!
Author: Heather Johnson, Branch Manager at RR Medical, a Proud Member of the JobSquad Family of Staffing Solutions